Проект "N"
Мая 03, 2024, 16:28:45 *
Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Войти
Новости: Уважаемые Гости! Теперь для регистрации Вам больше не нужно ждать e-mail. Регистрация происходит сразу и автоматически. Добро пожаловать!

Начало   Помощь Поиск Войти Регистрация  
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  
Автор Тема: CTG Music  (Прочитано 6010 раз)
Витюша
Administrator

Просмотр профиля
« : Мая 15, 2007, 15:24:48 »

Случайно зашел на свою давно забытую страничку на CTG music и был приятно удивлен появившейся рецензией на песенку "Умкина история":

Oh wow, it's a 3/4 rock tune at 130bpm!! Joking aside, this is a pretty good tune, if not very distinctive. Except for the medieval-sounding lead instruments, it's almost something you'd hear between heavy songs at a stoner rock concert. The main guitar riff sounds pretty and the main guitar performance throughout the song is very good. I do like the melodies, which are somewhat standard but still original enough to be interesting and effective. Half the time I can't tell if it's a lead instrument or some dude with a really solid falsetto voice. Actually sometimes it sounds like both at once. Other strengths of this tune are the tasteful use of synth sounds (pads and bells) which add a lot to the song, and also the overall progression which varies interestingly between loud and soft bits to bring out the strengths of the repetitive pattern. Unfortunately I found the guitar solos a bit annoying. I understand they're pretty much standard for this type of song but something in that area didn't sound quite right. Possibly it was the lack of reverb. The second solo is much better than the first one, however. Production is also a bit weird with lots of high stuff on the guitar and a weird tapping effect on some notes (most obvious at the end), as well as not enough bass. This tune is just screaming for some crushing Chris-Squire style bass. Actually the bass as it is sounds like a keyboard.

Because I'd listen to this again and because the performances are pretty tight overall, I'm calling it slightly more than "Good" but not quite "Very Good."
« Последнее редактирование: Ноября 09, 2007, 19:40:35 от Administrator » Записан
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  

Перейти в: